With winter, cough and cold are the health issues one will suffer and as the cold wave hitting the country, this health issue is extremely obvious.
And it's not advisable to depend upon allopathic every time as side-effects cannot be neglected. Instead, try some home remedies to cure it and there aren't any side effects to those remedies! Here are few handy tips coming back straight from kitchen:
1. Gargle with hot water by adding a pinch of salt into it, it helps in curing the sore throat.
2. Keep drinking hot drinks like coffee and tea or just hot water.
3. Add turmeric powder, ginger powder and a teaspoon of honey to hot milk. This not only helps in curing cough but also relieves body ache, cold and headache.
4. For cold, steam inhalation with little eucalyptus oil is the best home remedy.
5. Add few tulsi leaves and crushed ginger together with black pepper to your tea; it's a good relief for cough and cold.
6. One can take Chavanprash (it is that the best ayurvedic tonic for winter) or amla murrabba because it includes high content of Vitamin C that helps one to develop a robust immunity against cough and cold.