In order to consistently keep your weight under control, it is advisable to walk about 10,000 steps daily. It is the easiest activity among all the exercise programs and does not involve stress to the body. Apart from the activity of walking, a systematic dietary pattern should be followed so that you are always free from the obesity symptoms.Generally the people, who are overweight, are usually not interested in physical activities. They prefer doing any type of work but without moving from one place to another. They usually enjoy watching TV and having a
delicious munch. For this category, fixing a program like aerobics or floor exercises would require greater efforts. Therefore walking is the most recommendable form of exercise. For the beginners it is ideal to walk for 15-20 minutes daily. Gradually, the time can be extended day after day until they are capable of walking 60 minutes daily.When the doctors prescribe pills for the patients, they advice the patients to spend some time walking around. The tablets such as Phentermine are effective only when combined with the healthy dietary patterns and a daily exercise activity. Losing weight is a difficult task, and people who are disciplined and take exercise seriously, would lose weight.
20 WAYS TO LOSE WEIGHT
1. Take it one step at a timeStart by paying attention to what you eat. Cut back on fat and sweets and add more fruit and vegetables. After you have that under control, add exercise. If you hate to exercise try it for only 15 minutes a day at first, then a 1/2-hour. Keep in mind that while you are exercising you are burning calories and not eating. Also, it will be easier if you chose an activity that you enjoy.
2. Find a friendIt is always good to have support when you are trying to lose weight. Find a friend who wants to lose weight and compare notes, weigh-in together and maybe even have a contest.
.3. Use weightsWorking out weights will build muscle and raise your metabolism so you will burn more calories. Also, muscle takes up less space than fat so you will be smaller ( but probably weigh more).
4. Eat fewer carbsDon't eat as much bread and pasta and you will see a difference.
5. Set a goalSet a deadline to lose the weight and write it down. For example, ' By Dec 14/04 I will weigh 150 lbs or less'. Put it somewhere you will see it daily
.6. Give up sodaIf you drink a soda or 2 a day you are adding empty calories. If you find it hard to stop completely, cut back at first and drink water instead.
7. Grill or boilAvoid fried meat, grill and use lots of spices. You will get used to it and probably enjoy it more.
8. Don't buy junk foodWhen you go shopping, don't go on an empty stomach and you will be less likely to buy junk food. Keep your home 'junk food free' so you won't be tempted to indulge.
9. Eat breakfastConsume most of your calories early in the day and always eat breakfast. Don't eat after 8pm and not only will you avoid those added calories but you will sleep better.
10. Give yourself a treatWhen you tell yourself that you can't have something you want it more. Give yourself a treat once a day ( ie. half a cookie) and you won't feel you are missing out.
11. Use smaller platesTrick yourself into believing that you are eating more by using a smaller plate.
12. Drink lots of waterDrink water when you are feeling hungry and you will get that 'full' feeling.
13. Don't eat everything on your plateMany times we eat just because it's there. Pay attention to when you have had enough.
14. Eat five or six meals a dayEating more frequently will keep you from getting too hungry.
15. Plan your workout sessionsWrite your workout sessions in your journal or planner.
16. Stay away from fad dietsFad diets don't work. If you lose weight fast chances are that you will gain it back ( and more) just as fast. It takes time to put it on and time to take it off.
17. Do several workouts a dayWhile you are watching TV do crunches and leg lifts.
18. Measure your foodIf you decide to have junk food for a snack - be sure to measure and control what you eat.
19. Keep pre-cut vegetables...and ward off those cravings
.20. Create Good Habits.