Mustard seeds have been around since almost 5,000 years. They're known to have numerous benefits since they're low in calories and high in nutritional value and have a lot of antibacterial and antiseptic qualities.
They're available in different varieties - black mustard, white mustard and brown Indian mustard, in whole as well as in powdered form.
- Mustard oil is known to be great for the skin because it generates warmth.
- Mustard seeds are rich in a nutrient called selenium, known for its high anti-inflammatory effects. n The high source of magnesium in mustard seeds helps reducing the severity of asthma attacks and certain symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and lowering blood pressure.
- Suffer from migraines? Mustard seeds are known to give relief from the number of migraine attacks you get.
- Mustard seeds are very rich in calcium, manganese, omega 3 fatty acids, iron, zinc, protein and dietary fiber - include them in your diet.
- For people who suffer from a bad appetite, here's something that will be really helpful. Mix a few black mustard seeds with milk and have it 15 to 20 minutes before your meal.
- Mustard seeds are excellent for digestion because they increase the metabolism rate of your body.
- They're also beneficial for menopausal women who have trouble sleeping.